Tuesday, Jan 17th
Family went home on Monday, so this was our first day by ourselves. We got to California Adventure when it opened and went right over to Tower or Terror and after that, it was still pretty empty, so we walked on Monsters and decided to do the Animation Studio. Look at what we had to ourselves!

This is Jeremy deciding which chair to pick.

Why not take advantage of the empty library to take fun pictures?
We waited around for the first animation sketch workshop. This was Jeremy's picture of the sketch we learned to draw-

We then continued onto the Pier where we did most of the rides there and Goofy's Sky School for the first time. Spoiler alert- it's fun with the new theme, but it is still as painful as the original. We ate lunch at Taste Pilots Grill and then went to Disneyland.
Now, Jeremy had not seen the Golden Horseshoe Review show that was playing that day and desperately wanted to go. We timed it so that we did Star Tours again and most of Adventureland before the show at the Golden Horseshoe. We found a table, I got ice cream and waited for the show. The show started and wouldn't you know? Jeremy got to help out!! Sally Mae had witnessed a robbery and was reenacting the scene of the crime for the sheriff. Here's my hubby playing the bank manager-

Afterwards, we hopped around Adventureland, Frontierland and Tomorrowland for the rest of the day. Jeremy also took "artistic" pictures of the train station in New Orleans Square.


We had Bengal BBQ for a snack and then Subway for dinner. It was a great night at Disneyland!
Things I learned from Tuesday-
*It's worth it to wake up early to get into California Adventure. The park is vacant!
*The Animation Studio never gets old!
*My husband can now add to his resume that he was involved with a show at Disneyland.
*Bengal BBQ makes for the perfect snack!
Wednesday, January 18th
This was our Universal Studio's day.
Universal Studio's is okay, but I don't think we'll want to go back for a few years.
We got stuck in traffic on the way there for an hour. Not fun.
We got into the park and took a survey that gave us a "front of the line" pass. Word to the wise, everyone in Universal Studio's has a front of the line pass.
We went to the Simpsons ride and pretty much walked on. I was a little upset getting off that ride because there is a part where they shower water on you. Ugh, I hate getting wet. We then waited for the lower lot to open and did The Mummy ride. While we were waiting in line to board, however, the ride shut down. We waited about 10 minutes while they fixed it and got another front of the line pass to either go to the front of a line, get a free drink, or play one of the boardwalk games for free.
SCORE!
We did the ride once, and since there was still no line, they let us do it again. I like that ride! It's fun and you get to ride backwards!
After that, we did Jurassic Park. Not a fan. Not because of the drop, necessarily, but because there are so many dinosaurs that pop up and spit water right in your face. Yes, I know I am on vacation, but I do my makeup, I do my hair, and when something squirts water directly in my face, it makes my mascara run and turns my hair curly.
I really hate that.
After that, we were done with the lower lot and did lunch at Mel's Diner and the Simpsons again. The front of the line pass that we had received while waiting for the Mummy gave us the option of going to the front of the line of the Terminator 3D show as well as a VIP tour if you arrived 20 minutes before the showtime. We decided to do that, but while waiting for the Simpsons again, we missed getting there 20 minutes ahead of the show time. No matter, we decided to catch a later show. We did Shrek 4D instead... much to my surprise, that squirted water at you about every 30 seconds.
We went to do the Studio Tour and used our front of the line pass that we had received from doing the survey. It was okay... some of the lot was closed because they were shooting a commercial and it was really crowded because they were trying to fit as many people in as possible, resulting in about two people per one seat. Of course, I was sitting on the right on the very outside, and when it got to the park with the dinosaurs, I got a face full of water. By then, I was REALLY mad. Right in my face! Grr!
We got of the tram and finally had space!! We decided to go do the Terminator 3D VIP tour, but no one was there to take our tickets. People started walking in, so we followed. We were shuffled into a room where we waited for the show to start. No VIP tour. They just let us in the theater and told us if we were interested in an "extra" experience, we could sit in the middle of the theater when the show was over.
This show squirted water on your, too, FYI.
I was SO DONE with Universal Studio's. We decided to leave.
We spent another hour in traffic to get back to the hotel and then went to Ihop for dinner.
Day done!
Things I learned from Wednesday-
*LA traffic is ALWAYS bad no matter how early you get up to avoid it.
*Universal Studio's would be tolerable once every 3 years or so.
*EVERY SINGLE RIDE WILL SQUIRT WATER DIRECTLY IN YOUR FACE EVERY TIME!
*Mel's Diner is delicious and they have great cookies.
*There is added suspense when you are sitting on the edge of the tram with your feet dangling off the side.
*I will never be able to express how thankful I am that there is no longer an ET ride at the Universal Studio's in Hollywood!

No comments:
Post a Comment