Okay, maybe not a Jet Plane, more like a green car.
And, I do know when I'll be back again.
I'm leaving to go on a much needed vacation. Yeah, I know it's only 13 days into the New Year, but I've been looking forward to this for a year. I feel like I need to recharge and what better way to charge your batteries then run around Disneyland/Universal Studios for 6 days??
To prepare for this endeavor, I decided to do more research on the Happiest Place on Earth. Since I was 12, I've been reading and searching for any kind of trivia/history for Disneyland. Seriously, I have an entire notebook of scribbled facts, printed sheets and enough Hidden Mickey locations to fill a book.
Because I'm full of anticipation, I'm going to take it out on my blog and list some of my favorite findings to date.
Main Street, USA
* Walt lined the sidewalks with red brick for a reason! He wanted all of his guests to feel like they were receiving red carpet treatment.
*As a memorial, Walt listed his father on one of the windows on Main Street. It reads "Elias Disney, Contractor".
*Walt had a private apartment above the Fire Station, and whenever he would stay there, he would light a candle at night so people would know he was there. Now, there is an electric candle in the window that remains lit as a tribute to Mr. Disney.
Adventureland
*At the end of Tarzan's Tree house, there is a hidden Mrs. Pott's and Chip.
*At the base of Tarzan's Tree house, when looking at the tree with the stage of Fantasmic in the background, you will see the face of Mother Willow.
*On Indiana Jones, there is a Skeleton wearing a Mickey Mouse hat.
New Orleans Square
*Pirates of the Caribbean was the last ride Walt Disney worked on. He died while the ride was being constructed.
*The ride portion of the Haunted Mansion actually is outside the Disneyland Park. You unknowingly leave the boundaries of the park after taking the elevator down (the stretching room) and walking to the Doom Buggies.
*In the Ballroom scene, there is a hidden Mickey in the form of 3 plates.
Critter Country
*At the time it was built, Splash Mountain was one of the most expensive projects created by Disney Imagineers at a cost of $75 million.
*Zip-A-Dee River Run was the original name of Splash Mountain.
*A tribute to the Country Bear Jamboree appears in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh; look behind you in the honey room to see the three animal busts from the previous show.
Frontierland
*The rock formations in Big Thunder Mountain were patterned after those in Bryce Canyon Nation Park in Utah.
*During its first few years of operation, the Mark Twain Riverboat passengers could buy a non-alcoholic mint julep aboard or listen to card and checker players re-enact dialogue of that era.
*The Fontierland Shootin' Exposition used to use metal pellets for the shooting guns.
Fantasyland
*The Sherman Brothers wrote "It's a Small World” In the wake of the Cuban Missile Crisis, which influenced the song's message.
*The Matterhorn Bobsleds is an attraction completely unique to Disneyland. No other Disney theme park has this attraction.
*The horses on King Arthur Carrousel are all salvaged, hand-painted originals ranging in ages from 90 to 110 years old.
Tomorrowland
*The Monorail was the first daily operating Monorail in the western hemisphere, and the first in the United States.
*Captain EO debuted in 1986 through the 1990s. The attraction returned to the Disney Parks in 2010, as a tribute after Jackson's death.
*As initially conceived, the Submarine Voyage was to feature real fish and other sea creatures, though the idea proved to be unfeasible.
ToonTown
*The Goofy Water in Toon Town at the gas station turns different colors at night.
*Mickey's Toontown inspired an online role-playing game called Toontown Online, which was released in 2003.
*The original concept for Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin had the cab cars going up and outside along the balconies of the upper floors of the Toontown buildings.
Aren't you so glad you read all of that?????

No comments:
Post a Comment