Monday, February 6, 2012

Introducing...

Wall E and Lambert!

Last Tuesday we picked up our new babies at the Lindon, UT shelter and we could not love them any more! I can't believe that we were so fortunate to find the perfect puppies for us!

So, here's the jist of it.

We had been talking about how we wanted a dog for quite awhile but needed to find the right dog for our specific schedules as we both work. We narrowed it down to either a Dachshund or a Yorkie because both are great with kids, don't shed, and the list goes on and on.

We knew what we wanted, and the search was on. We looked at a few shelters, but most of the dogs were too big for us. We also looked at Pet Stores, but those pets were too expensive and it didn't include shots, rabies, neutering, microchip and so on. One day while browsing the web, Jeremy found a listing for Yorkie Terrier puppies on the Lindon Animal Shelter website. After talking about it, I decided to pop over on after work to take a look at them- this is what I saw.


Isn't that heartbreaking? There were three puppies left, all wet, all so cold they were shivering to death. It was so hard to not just walk out with the little guy right there. I told the girl that I needed my husband to come see them before we decided to take one.

I left. Broken hearted. Sad. Poor puppies!

That night, I had decided. I wanted one. We went to Walmart to get a bunch of puppy things and whatnot. The next day, Jeremy told me that he'd been thinking about how sad it would be if we were to get only one and that it would be lonely all day. We started to really contemplate about getting two, and as luck would have it, by the time we went back the next day, one had been adopted and there were two left! Score!

We took them home and got them settled. It's been a week since I saw them cold at the shelter and I love my Lambert and Wall E so much! It may be ridiculous how much I love those boys!

So, here's what we know-

They were born either on or sometime around Dec 17th.

They are a Dachshund/Yorkie mix.

They are around 7 weeks old.

This specific breed, on average, will only get to be around 7 lbs once full grown.

They are great with kids (when they aren't scared) and they're very protective.

They love me!

They are small dogs so they are being litter box trained.

They are such good boys for getting used to being alone for 6 hours every day. They are supposed to be pretty low maintenance dogs once they've gotten all their wiggles out and they are so lovey and cuddly. Their favorite place to be is in one of our arms being cuddled and I love it!

I have the perfect puppies and I can't wait to see how much they grow in the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment