A week ago, I was on the happiest trip of my life with the love of my life.
For my own personal record and for those who are interested in any advice from a seasoned veteran of the Disneyland resort, I will be posting my experience and highlights that I feel were important for this specific vacation.
We chose to drive to Disneyland on Saturday, Jan. 14th so that we could be in the park on my husbands birthday as well as go one last time with my nephew before he enteres the MTC to serve a full time mission. It was such a great time to go and having my in-laws on the trip only made it twice the fun!
Since we were there for a week, I'm going to break up this blog into a series of blogs, each dedicated to one day.
I bet you are as excited to read this as I am writing this, right??
Saturday, Jan. 14th
We woke up earlier than we both anticipated, around 8:30 am. We had packed the night before, so we loaded up the car and left. We drove for awhile and then we continued our tradition of listening to a musical that I've never heard. This trips selection was "Carrousel" and while I had seen the movie years ago, it was nice to hear the music and understand the story a little better which I loved, and I'm looking forward to seeing again.
After hours of driving and listening to the Top 100 hits of 1999, we made it to Vegas! We aren't Vegas people and would rather book it through the city to get to California, so we stopped to get gas and visit our favorite fast food chicken place, Popeye's. Seriously, I've never been a fan of chicken places, but this one is to die for. Highly recommend it!
We proceeded to drive- nothing too special. My mother in-law was texting me what they were doing at Disneyland, since they had arrived two days before us, so it made the anticipation of getting there so intense, but we finally made it!
Since we left early and made good time, we got into our hotel at about 5pm. With extra time, we made a stop at one of my favorite stores, The 99 cent store! We found fun, random things and awesome Batman board books, got dinner and went back to the hotel to get ready for Disneyland the next day.
Things I learned from Saturday-
*Car drives to California go so much faster when you have a book of Disney Trivia that you've been compiling for years. It's also good to refresh before you go!
*My husband has a tire/repair shop out in the middle of nowhere.
*The parking lot at the 99 cent store in Anaheim is apparently the place to be on a Saturday night. Never before have I seen such erratic driving and crowds in a parking lot.
*The best way to go to sleep at night is with the knowledge that, in the morning, you're going to Disneyland.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your blog is so fun! I'm so glad I'm not the only Disneyland fanatic out there. Love it! I'm so glad you had a great time!
ReplyDelete-Kellie (From Primary) : )
Thanks, Kellie! We are huge Disney fans and it's so great to learn that you are too! :)
ReplyDeleteWe listened to "Remember the Moments", a Disneyland soundtrack from 2006 on our way down. You want to borrow it?
ReplyDeleteFrom 2006?? Yes, possibly. If Jeremy doesn't already have it, I will definitely ask for a borrow!
ReplyDelete