Undetermined.
I hope I win for keeping myself composed and calm.
This is another post in a series of posts about a particular group of women. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can read up by checking it out here and then the next here.
So, to continue the story-
I showed up to work today. It's bright, it's sunny and darn it, I look good today! I was ready for a busy day. Got in the building, settled down, took care of some outside business (that's another story for another day), and then I heard it.
"IIIIIII'MMMMMMM RRRRIIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT HHHHEEEERRRREEEEE!"
A child.
In the building.
In the office down the hall, and to the right.
No, no...NO! No, no no!!!
As I sat there listening to what sounded like a scene out of the Lion King, I went over my options.
A) Leave. Can't handle this today.
B) Turn up my One Republic. I can be just as obnoxious.
C) Concentrate solely on my work. I can tune out anything!
D) Approach the people that own the children. I've done it before, I can do it again.
I really was thinking about option B, but ended up with C. I was SO CLOSE to finishing up all of the work that needed to be done and figured that if I could just power through the last 30 minutes I could treat myself later tonight.
I did it. I got through everything WITH screaming kids in the hallway. S-u-c-c-e-s-s, that's the way you spell SUCCESS!
Don't worry though, people of the internet, I didn't give in.
I may have gotten through a rough patch, but that didn't mean that I was about to endure another day with kids stampeding around. Also- you'll never guess who's been walking by my window and sneering at me. That's right, the woman that complimented me on my scarf from a few months ago- the leader. The head witch. I wouldn't be totally surprised if she only had stumps for toes and was bald. In reality, if that really were the case, I would back down, but since I'm about 89% sure that witches like that don't exist, I decided to take the situation into my own hands. Again.
I called down to the office manager. I was cheery, yet direct and to the point.
Guess what?
The office manager is on my side.
And then, the cherry on top of my sundae of a situation- a nicely printed poster hanging in the hallway, by the office down the hall, and to the right.
"Please, NO Children"
Ah. Go Team Lauren!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment