Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The War Ends?

ATTENTION: If you have not read this post yet, you may want to check it out before you continue reading.

After that pleasant encounter, I was forced to have a meeting with them with a mediator so that our landlord could have a record of what happened. Unluckily for me, I was sick that day and had little tolerance but I held together pretty well. I took the walk of doom where I was supposed to be meeting with them to state my case and found that they were already downstairs. The mediator was in on another meeting, so I was left standing there watching them as they stood in their little clique whispering and pointing at me. To my surprise, one of them turned and said "Oh, my gosh! Your hair, like seriously, so pretty! How to you get it to curl like that? I mean, so pretty! I love it!" blah, blah, blah.... I kindly thanked her. She turned back around and they started whispering again and after a few more moments, another woman turned and said "Oh, my gosh! That scarf you're wearing, it's SO adorable! Where did you get it? It's so cute!". Again, I thanked her for the compliment. I knew what they were doing....blowing smoke. I decided to take it with a grain of salt and just wait for this to be over.

Essentially, the meeting was about 30 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. Don't get me wrong, I understand the validity of the meeting and why is was needed, but the moment we sat down, all of the women started shrieking about how I'm "too severe" and "I don't understand". I just sat there, letting them make their case and when it came around for me to speak I stated my story again and was as kind and non accusatory as I possibly could be, even though they kept interrupting me. After the mediator had written down the story, she asked these women what exactly it is that their company does. After some hmm's and uuuuh's and a lot of crap to try to make them sound legit, we finally found out that they are, indeed, not an actual company. They go online and look at different scrapbook stores and decide which ones have good deals and then let their friends know where to shop for scrap booking supplies.

That was the last time I saw them. I've decided to avoid them and honestly, I'm so busy at work that I guess I just stopped caring about them to the point that I hadn't even realized that they haven't been around. I have to walk by their office and I don't even make an effort to turn my head and look through the window to see if they are there.

That brings us to today.

There is a guy that works in the building and because this is my blog and I've always wanted to do this for the sake of telling a story and protecting an identity, I'm changing his name to Don Juan. Anyways, Don Juan is a funny kind of guy. He looks like he's in his late 20's but he sure does know a lot. If you don't really get to know him he comes off as stuck on himself because he's so smart but in reality he's great and pretty insightful. When I first started this battle he came into my office with a bang letting me know that we will fight this. Although I appreciated his vigor, I have so many things to fight for anyways and I didn't want another fight that I really felt was unnecessary.

I was late to work today because of an wreck on the freeway this morning and if anyone really knows me, when my routine is interrupted by sitting in traffic for almost an hour, (and I hate to admit it) I become enraged. Traffic is the bain of my existence!!! So I was already tense coming in 30 minutes late and feeling behind for the day when suddenly, Don Juan bursts into my office right after I've sat down. He excitingly tells me that he's been waiting for me to get here because he has exciting news! Before I reveal this exciting news he had, I have to tell you that Don Juan is also a sleuth. If there is something wrong or someone upset or a good piece of gossip, Don Juan knows about it. He's like the neighbor always knows everything! In recent discussion with him, he's taken pride in always knowing what's going on.

So, he bursts through the door and claims that the women have disappeared! He's been watching their office and asking around and it seems that no one knows where they went. They haven't come back to the building for at least a week and a half and then claims that I have won and I am victorious. He was so excited! Oh, Don Juan.

I don't think I'm that lucky. They probably all went on vacation together. I am curious now, though. I wonder if they'll come back.

Stay tuned.......

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the next installment...You make me proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to stand your ground! It is ridiculous that they would let their kids run rampant like that! This is my I try to keep T at home as much as possible....

    ReplyDelete