Don't worry, people of the internet. I do know the actual phrase, I was just borrowing one from Michael Scott.
But really, I need to blog about something that was brought to my attention today and hope that the perpetrators that this post is meant for will read this and correct their ways.
We've all heard the phrase "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" and it's exactly what I want to say to said perp's.
For a good majority of my teenage years into the few adult years I've experienced, I had the opportunity to work at a place that encouraged children and teenagers to shine and expand their self worth and let me tell you- it was glorious! However, for those of you that have had the chance to work with kids in any capacity you understand how frustrating it can be at times, especially when working with many children all at the same time. Not easy, not fun at times, but so rewarding when things come together and you realize that all the frustration experienced was all worth it.
Right?
So, over a few months, I've heard bits and pieces about an adult in a teaching capacity that has been asked to teach and when said person is approached by children asking for help, they are dismissive and act annoyed or ignore those that are asking for help- not to mention, it's done in a very rude way. And what's more, I know that this person DOES NOT like me and the children that are asking for help are very close to me. I have reason to believe that this adult is treating these kids horribly because they are upset with me.
On the first few occasions when this was brought to my attention, I tried not to get too upset, maybe it was a fluke. Months have gone by and it seems to get worse to the point that I may approach this person.
This brings me to my choice phrase- "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face", or meaning, why would this adult go to all the trouble to be horrid to these kids? Before this year, this adult was loved and adored, but now, these kids are going away from this experience feeling down and questioning their friendship with this adult. This person has tried to cause damage, but in the end, all they did was cut off their nose.
Shame, shame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment