So, It's a New Year and stuff.
I've been contemplating what my resolution for this year should be. Sure, I have long term goals, but I don't want them to fall under the category of my New Year's resolution. Instead, my resolution is to make people aware.
Of what you may ask?
Of something that I think EVERYONE should be aware of...
BEDBUGS

IT'S AN EPIDEMIC!!
Okay, so really, not many of us have to worry about it because I looked up the major cities that it has effected and it seems like we're in the clear. However, should you stay on the lookout for this little guys because they are awful! They bite you in your sleep in a pattern that's called "Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner", meaning that the bites look like they are grouped in three's in a linear pattern although sometimes you can find one single bite. Some people said that they look like mosquito bites that have been scratched and some even say that it itches and that dermatologists have a hard time identifying them.
In researching and listening to all the horror stories I started to panic because it seems like it happens so suddenly and with no warning. If you are misdiagnosed or don't look for these bugs, by the time you do find them you could have a full on infestation on your hands! I decided that this is not going to happen to me. I've been looking up ways to prevent this awful infestation and here's what I've found-
*When traveling, check the headboards, underneath the mattress, tags on the mattress and in between sheets for bugs. It's a lot of work, but it's worth it!
*Also when traveling, check your clothes before you wear them.
*At home when washing sheets, pull up the mattress and check.
*When washing clothes, make sure that all clothes are put in the dryer on high heat for at least 30 minutes.
*Always be aware! If you have the bites in a linear pattern check everywhere in the bedroom and wash sheets.
So there you go. I hope that everyone is now a little more aware and also ready to join my prevention of bedbugs.

No comments:
Post a Comment