Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Grievances

I woke up sick today, darn it.

Also, I had to drive in the snowy slush for 45 minutes to get to work. Double darn it.

I need a good vent. So, here I am.

I feel like writing out all my current grievances will make me feel better. Ya know, just so I can release them out into the electronic world. Hopefully it will be cathartic...or something.

Snow Plows that don't have their plows down...

I passed four, count em, FOUR PLOWS that were just puttin' around town with their snow plows up. I get that it may not be "their city to plow", but come on! It's like dangling a doughnut in front of a fat kid!

Charity work that really isn't charity work...


I've recently had the opportunity to participate in some charity work for a good cause. It seemed good on paper but as I immersed myself in helping the charity, I soon realized that it was a selfish charity and a selfish thought. Because I was so shaken with this bad charity, I decided to go help out others instead. Selfish charities don't get very far, just in case you were wondering.

People that don't listen to me...

Really, it may be hard to believe, but sometimes I DO know what I'm talking about. When I give you an idea or offer to fix a problem and you ignore me and then drop the ball and I have to fix it anyways, it's not making me look bad, it's making you look pretty silly.

Liars/Two faced people...

It's really not too hard to elaborate on this one. I guess all I can say with this one is, if you don't like me or something I've done, at least have the guts to say something instead of putting your tail between your legs and hiding. I would have more respect for people that had the guts to confront people when something was wrong. Instead, I feel like you are a coward and I really don't need you in my life.

People that speed...

Yeah, I'm a slow driver. Slow and steady wins! However, there is a designated lane on the freeway for people like me and if I want to go 55 mph in my slow lane, don't come up behind me and start flashing your lights and honking your horn for me to speed up. Does anyone really think that works??

Chocolate that's gone bad...


Ya know how when chocolate gets old it gets discolored and almost chalking making it nearly impossible to eat?? Every time we waste chocolate like that, an angel sheds a tear.

Wildlife...

I'll never love camping, I'll never love the great outdoors, I'll never be a fan of wildlife. When deer come in my yard and right up to the house it causes me a great deal of panic.

When Winter kills everything...

I wasn't built for winter. I think the thing that I dislike about Winter the most is that everything dies. I love full, fresh and living plants! I do enjoy snow before Christmas, let's get that right- It makes for a lovely winter wonderland, but when Christmas goes out the door, I look around and all I can see is a winter wasteland full of death! Maybe I should invest in a plant for my house.

Dr. Pepper that loses it's carbonation...

I have to drink it anyways. I can't let liquid gold go to waste!

Hey, I think that's it for today and I DO feel better! I've got a Vitamin C drop in my mouth, listening to "Hey Soul Sister" and I have a salad from Crown Burger waiting for me for lunch. When I get home, I'm having a Lost marathon with my husband, sister in law, and nieces and nephews.

So, maybe life is pretty great right now...

1 comment: