Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Why Is It…?

Okay, I know I’ve already blogged today, but who cares? It’s my blog, so there you go.

I like to think that I am a very curious person, so you will hear me ask, “Why is it…” or something to that equivalent. I’ve decided to come with a list of “why is it…’’s to burn some time.
Why is it
That whenever it looks like its going to rain and starts sprinkling and I actually do want to get wet this time, I run outside, spread my arms up to the sky awaiting a downpour and it stops? Or better yet, I hear a splat and look to see that a bird has pooped on my car nearby as my mouth is wide open? Is that God’s subtle sign that I will never be a rainmaker?

Why is it
That when I plant something and grow emotionally attached to it, it dies? Case and point- I bought a few strawberry plants this summer and I asked the people at Home Depot which Miracle Grow would be best for it and so on and so on. I got it home, watered, fed, all that good stuff, I even named it. Maybe that’s what jinxed it. It died. Not only did it die, but I touched one of the leaves that was completely brown and it poofed into dust. *Sob*

Why is it
That I always put germ killer directly on a paper cut whenever I have one? You would think that it would be something that you would avoid, or at least remember to avoid. I always forget.

Why is it
That Dr. Pepper runs through me SO much faster than water?

Why is it
That I always put on lipgloss or chapstick right before I head out into a massive wind storm? That is another inevitability that I posses? I walked outside today and came back in with a mouthful of hair because it became impossible to hold my hair back as I tried to run. This was probably why all the other women in the office are wearing ponytails today…

Why is it
That I simply CANNOT sing quietly or without emotion in my car? I feel like when I drive and sing, there is this force field around my car that makes it so no one can see me inside of my car. I was driving down the freeway the other day, singing to something or other, and I realized that there was this car that had been beside me for quite some time and when I looked over, I realized that there was a car full of people watching me. Force field down!

Why is it
That I fear thunder so much? Realistically, it’s hot and cold air smashing into each other, but it’s truly terrifying to me. I would much rather take lightning over thunder any day of the week.

Why is it
That I will blog more than once in one day?

Good Question.

No comments:

Post a Comment