It's come to the point of the year when I start counting down the days to my next vacation. Everyone does it, right? You plan and prepare and when everything is set, you await the day to leave. I am at this point.
30 days.
How, may you ask, did I celebrate that I only have to wait 30 days to go on the happiest vacation on earth? THIS!
BOO YEAH! I am so excited! There is nothing I love more then a day at the beach full of sun, sand and surf.Another fascination of mine- Sand crabs.
These little critters are only glorified bugs, but scarier, meaner and almost uglier. I won't touch them. C'mon, gross! They feel like slimy sandpaper, and I have a hard time watching them run across the beach, knowing that I am swimming with those little buggers. However, I love playing with them! My dad and brothers will catch them and bring them to me in a bucket, and then I will shovel them out into a water bottle and spin them around and toss them on the ground. They stumble around and try to dig themselves back into the sand, but they are too dizzy and get confused. Oh, I love it! It sounds a little demented, but it's funny to watch.
I loved being at the beach before the sun rises. It's the best time to catch huge waves and collect cool shells. We found so many awesome spinney shells a few years back when we went early, and we even saw a half eaten dead seal ! Everything is cooler at the beach.
This summer beach even will be even more fun because this is the year that I am going to teach my baby sisters how to body board. I remember the first year I learned and I couldn't wait to teach my sisters how to catch a wave. Usually, my family will get to the beach around 10am, and we'll hang and eat and BBQ chicken wings and hot dogs (won't eat the hot dogs), then go back to Grandma Shirley's place and jump in the pool to wash off all of the sand. Nothing like night swimming.
I'm so excited that Jeremy will be with me this year! I look forward to these family trips so much and the fact that he will be with us this year makes it so much sweeter! I experienced the MOST magical Disneyland night with Jeremy, and hopefully, we will be able to have magical experiences again.
Here's to you, 30 days. May you go by so quickly that I barley notice you!

No comments:
Post a Comment