I'm writing this on my phone, specifically with swype, so please ignore any typos.
This blog is brought to you by the letter F. F is for falling. This blog is also brought to you by the number 15. That's how many stairs are in my home. Also, that's how many I fell down this morning.
I want it to be known that as soon as I felt my foot fly out from underneath me (thanks so my stupid, slick, but oh-so fashionable socks), I did think "SAVE THE BABY!!", who I had been holding at the time. About half way down the stairs, specifically after the baby started yelling "Weeeeeee!", my second thought was, "Did I remember to take my multivitamin?".
Important thoughts.
As I careened down the stairs, not unlike a large toboggan, it occurred to me that I'd have to make a stop eventually. As I flailed my legs to find anything to ease the impact, I ran out of time and thumped hard at the bottom of the stairs. It's also fascinating how many thoughts you can have while falling for a grand total of, like, five seconds.
I asked Lucy if she was okay, to which she replied "More mommy! More weeeeee!". Wouldn't you believe it- I didn't do it again.
She was mad.
I was mad at my socks.
So that brings me to the present. On my back, Heat pack handy, baby playing within eyesight... most of the time. Since when did I lose all my resiliency? I did this many times when I was a kid and it never took me out of commission.
I now hobble and have the gate of a 100 year old woman. And, although I injured nothing but my back, I'm suddenly speaking like I've graced this earth for a grand century.
If you're feeling up to it, come on over and we can discuss the Roarin' Twenties.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment