Tuesday, January 13, 2015

We're Shaking It Off

My niece, Kaylee, gave us the new Taylor Swift album last night.

Guess who’s the most excited for it?!?!

You’d assume it would be me since I’ve loved the two songs released from the album so far, but you’d be wrong. Lucy is definitely more excited, which, if you know me, it’s hard to exceed my level of enthusiasm.

Kaylee watched “Love Actually” with us last night, too. I love family movie nights! I was also so glad to be there when Kaylee saw it for the first time. Also, Alan Rickman—HOW COULD YOU CHEAT?!?!?!

Oh, oh- you know what’s a surprisingly good movie? Dances With Wolves. I’m actually surprised. Did not think I would really enjoy it in all of its four hour glory. Also, the moment I find out that someone is directing AND starring in their own film/play, I instantly gain caution. I should actually mention that I haven’t finished the movie yet, I mean, c’mon… who has four hours to sit and watch a movie, unless it’s Gone With The Wind? We’re about half way through, and despite it’s slow as molasses start, it’s pretty darn good! Looking forward to finishing it tonight.

So, I’m working to become an Insurance Broker. Yeah, I’m kind of surprised, too. My boss is confident I can do it, and my confidence level is getting there. There is A LOT to know, but if I can do this, it opens a TON of doors for me, the most important one at the moment, being able to earn full time money only working part time. My boss is confident in me and is sparing no time or expense to help me in any way. I’m sure I’ll have updates.

I’m going to finish up this blog with some words of wisdom that I’ve learned in the last month-ish. There really is a limit to how many episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse you can take. Don’t try to be a hero. 

No comments:

Post a Comment