Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Love, Love, Love, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
Has anyone else felt bitten by the Valentine's Day bug?
You know, I always, without fail- let out a sad sigh when Christmas is over and suddenly there's a barrage of pink, white, and red in all the stores. I'll admit I feel like they're screaming "CHRISTMAS IS OVER HURRY, HURRY, HURRY! GET ALL THE PINK AND WHITE HEARTS, ALL OF THEM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!"
Okay, it's a little dramatic, but I'm a smidge dramatic, so it is what it is.
But, as the days start to get warmer (or for Utah's case this year, a LOT more warmer), my little flower bulbs start bursting through the ground, and I can see the pussy willow's start to emerge from my trees, I start to get all warm and lovey inside. Our plans for this year's Valentine's day will not stray from last years, which I could not be more thrilled about. I had actually forgotten what we did last year until my husband reminded me. We go to HuHot for dinner as a family, just our little threesome-yay! Livin' for Friday.
So aside from my own plans for love day, I've actually witnessed a lot of love recently. I forget this time of year is birthday heavy for my family, which is wonderful because we're literally sending messages of love and happiness between us all, and it makes me eternally grateful. Everything changes when you have a kid. Have I gagged that statement down your throat enough? But really... from the normal routine of waking up and getting ready, to birthdays, to vacations. Even eating. After you have kids, if you think you're going to have a quite, hot meal all to yourself, HA! You won't.
I digress.
Anywho, we didn't throw a routine birthday for Lucy this year. This year the SuperBowl feel on our little sweet thing's birthday, so when you pair that with me recently reading an article about why it's not a good idea to throw a big bash every year for your kids (super fascinating! Wish I could find it to share), we did a little party, ate homemade eclairs (AMAZING), and celebrated our tiny bug. Even though we didn't have a big ol' party, she was showered with love through texts, phone calls, emails, Facebook messages, and even got a letter from her cousin serving a mission. Can I tell you how excited a two year old is to receive a letter? If you have any doubts, come over to our house and let her read you her letter from Jason. A lot of it is her pointing at each word, making a nonsensical noise, but getting to the end of the letter and saying boldly and loudly "love you!!". My heart almost explodes from all that love. Literally.
Another example of love I've seen recently is in my ward. I have to be honest, I don't know the woman who's been an absolute shining beacon of love and service to everyone in our ward, and it's my fault. I admit it- right now I'm a Sunday Mormon. Okay, well, not totally. I don't have a ward calling at the moment, but I do have a stake calling- I'm over Primary Music, so I go around and help choristers in any way possible, including meeting with them during the week. When it comes to activities outside of regular church hours (for me, between 9am-4pm on Sunday), I usually don't attend. I know. I'm horrible.
Like I said, I don't know Marci Terry personally, but the stories I've heard about this woman are incredible! She's always serving everyone else. She is the first to arrive when there's a service project to be done, she volunteers to help clean the church building, makes cookies for people feeling down, the list goes on and on. Oh, I should also mention that she has Chronic Intestinal Pseudo Obstruction- a rare disease that causes your digestive system to cease function.
This incredible person not only gives herself unconditionally, but she has a horrible disease. You guys, that sucks! And, you know what, I can't honestly say that if I were in the same boat, I'd be sitting on the floor crying and complaining. I want to be like her. Such an amazing person!
Okay, so here's where the love comes in- a friend of mine has made a gofundme page for her here-
http://www.gofundme.com/lvg9cs
I know these days asking for donations is hard, but for this woman, a gigantic burden would be released. Even if you can't donate, please read about her. She's seriously awesome. I want to meet her and give her a hug.
And, ya know, love is contagious. Spread it on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment