Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Biggest Privilege of My Life

Ya know how you hear things on TV or the radio, or read about people that say things that are so obtuse that it's hard to imagine anyone in real life repeating said things?

Today I heard something that I thought I would never hear come out of a real, living person.

I listened to a woman rant today. She was ranting over something that was her fault. She wanted something that she knew was unavailable. She started to yell, she started to swear and I warned that if she continued to use strong language, she would have to call back when she had calmed down. This lady went into hysterics about promises she had made and now because of me, people were going to think that she was a liar and people would hate her. It was hard not to point out that, indeed, she was the liar and was made aware of her situation from the beginning. And then, the jewel of the conversation- the phrase I thought that only reality television actors used...

"You don't get it! I'm the nicest person you'll ever meet and everybody loves me! Why are you doing this to me?! I'M THE NICEST PERSON YOU'LL EVER MEET!!!!".

She screamed the end and then hung up. I have to admit, as soon as she screeched her final words, I wrote it down, fearing that I wouldn't remember this jewel of a phrase.

From now on, whenever I cross paths with anyone, I can cherish the thought that I've already met the nicest person that I will ever meet.

Life complete.

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever been to notalwaysright.com? That sounds like something you'd read on there. People are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't but I'll check it out. Agreed, Janeal, people are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha oh my goodness! What a strange lady! I'm so impressed... When people around me get upset, I tend to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to be!!! Now you have discovered the secret way to unmask insanity! Keep your cool and crazy people will implode all around you!

    ReplyDelete