Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Justice

Have you ever been driving down the freeway and suddenly a jerk cuts you off?

Honks at you?

Pulls in front of you and slows down?

Flipped you off for going the speed limit?

ect.ect.ect.ect.ect.ect.ect.ect.ect.ect.ect.ect.ect.ect.ect.ect.??????????????

In commuting to work, I've seen this far too often. I get that there are rules to the road and I respect them, but come on people, the speed limit if 55 mph for a reason! I get that if you decide to venture out of the slow lane and proceed to the fast lane while going the posted speed limit, you'll get honked at and rude gestures, but when I am in the slow lane, dang it, let me go my speed limit!!! Granted, I don't always drive 55, I usually find myself traveling at a comfortable 63 mph, but when I approach one of the crazy turns, truckers, or pot hole ridden stretches, I'll slow down. However, even though I make plenty of room on the road for the silly people that speed their way down the road, I still get a lot of guff from impatient people.

Today, my quench to see some justice fall upon these reckless drivers was fulfilled. TWICE!

As I was getting on the freeway a giant rig was trying to dart in between cars, but since is was such a big truck it was almost causing crashes and any time that anyone would try to pass the truck, it would speed up or quickly get into the lane that people were using to try and pass him. The dumb dumb kept getting into the fast lane, too! Anyways, suddenly a black car pulled up right behind him and flipped his cop lights on! Undercover cop car, score!!

THEN when I was rounding the freeway leaving Lindon and coming into Pleasant Grove, I was in my slow lane and there was a woman darting in between cars and speeding then slamming on breaks and ticking everyone off. The worst part was that she was crossing over all the solid lines in the road when people were unsuspecting but the best part was that she was too concerned with her own agenda AND texting while she was driving to see the cop that was NOT hard to miss. She darted all around him and he flipped on his lights and pulled her over. I was one of the few drivers that suffered from her terror to relish in seeing her face when she realized that she was being pulled over. Well deserved!

Ah, Justice is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment