Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Occasionally
Occasionally my abs have spasms. This means all that extra time I spend working out is, well... doing something.
Occasionally, I sneak into my daughters room and watch her sleep. I stroke her face, brush her hair, and hold her little hand. This isn't weird because she's my kid.
Occasionally, people misconstrue things I do. There's one area in my life where I offer service, love, and support, but this is taken as an attack. In no way would I ever put someone down and don't give advice unless asked for it. At first, it makes me sad that someone I really don't know would assume that absolute worst about me, then I remember that it's their loss. I'm a really good friend, great confidant, and give good hugs and long talks.
Occasionally I wonder if I am enough.
Occasionally I want to squeeze the things I love so hard they burst! Has that ever happened to you? You love something so much you just want to squeeze it to death?!?! It's a thing. It's been called "cute aggression". Don't worry, though- I won't. Obvs.
Occasionally, I stub my toe. I stub my toes too many times for an adult. I walked my foot right into a wall this morning and it hurt. Really bad. No swear words were said.
Occasionally I open the door out on to the terrace at my office and step outside for a fresh breath of air. I lean over the balcony just as a massive swarm of birds takes off from the tree nearby, and as I step backwards as they come my way, I avoid the poop storm that showers the area where I was once standing.
And occasionally, I remember God is up there. Watching out for me. Always looking out for me. Even saving me from bird poop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment