Today I start my adventure.
I told you in my last blog about a test cake I was making for a my friend’s sister, but the time has come to start making it. Today.
Still have anxiety about it being perfect, but I got a lot of reassurance when they came to see/eat the test cake. It was actually amazingly delicious! I shouldn’t be so surprised, but the flavors they chose really came together beautifully. I took pictures that I considered posting, but I don’t want pictures of the cake floating around out on the inter webs. The cake is actually a surprise- they know it’s being made, but the brides don’t actually know what it looks like. It’s going to be such a lovely day and I’m so honored to be a part of it!
Maybe the next blog will have pictures.
Lucy is at the age where she repeats everything she hears. I knew this was coming but I didn’t KNOW It was coming. She’s so in love with pop songs on the radio right now, but while listening to Taylor Swift’s new song Shake It Off, when she does that little cheer in the middle, (can we call it a cheer? Do I only associate it with a cheer since it’s what she does in the music video), at one point she says “Oh, my-“, to which Lucy, from the backseat of the car screams “GOD!!”.
Oops.
Why did she choose that one word to single out? Looks like I have to start muting more.
In other news, I’ve been re-watching the Friends TV show. It brings me great happiness that she loves the theme song so much she sings along. Have you ever watched a one year old try to clap along with that song? I have and it’s pretty adorable.
In the next few weeks, there’s going to be a change in my life. I don’t think this change qualifies as “major” (I’m not pregnant, moving, leaving a job, ect.), but it feels major to me. I think I’ve needed this change for awhile though. I’m sure I’ll have more thoughts on it in the future I’ll share. At this time, until the time comes, I’m going to enjoy what I have while I have it.
While watching the series finale of The Office again, Andy says something that’s always stuck with me from the first time I heard it-
"I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them"
For real, though!
It makes me really think. You know what, I bet I’m in the good old days right now.
OH, MY GOSH! Rold Gold makes these little pretzel thins that are so good! Garlic Parmesan. Try them. You’ll have horrible breath, but you won’t care.
Remember Penelope from SNL? You don’t?! If you have the time, you should watch this-
Okay, so now that you know, someone has come into my life who is EXACTLY like Penelope. You guys, it’s so exact it’s scary. Some of the stories this person tells are so far out there, not only have I messed with him to see if they are actually true, but this person digs a hole so big, they start to forget all the stories they’ve told. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to convince me that THEY drive the Mr. Peanut car…
I’m ready for a weekend. It will be a crazy weekend, but I’m ready for one. Doesn’t it seem like when you’re anticipating the weekend, your week goes by as slow as molasses?
Alrighty, blog. Consider yourself loved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment