Thursday, October 30, 2014

Here's The Thing...

So, here’s the thing.

I got married almost 5 years ago. I’m not sure if it was discussed before or after the actual marriage, but I’ve always known my husband can’t deal with the puke. 

When time came that we started talking about having a baby, it was brought up again. He doesn’t do the puke. He’ll do the broken bones, he’ll do the bloody stuff. Not the puke. Never. Ever. 

This was fine for me- I was a pukey child. Doesn’t bother me. 

What I didn’t account for, where the nights when my baby wakes up, I go in to comfort her and she projectile vomits, I mean like poltergeist vomit, all over me, the four walls, carpet, bed- when she hoses down EVERYTHING. Or, when she pukes down both my front and back, all over the kitchen floor, leaving no where to go without making an ungodly mess as I trudge up the stairs. 

Yes, I can deal with the puke, but I didn’t account for the unpredictability. Not having her nicely empty her stomach in one, convenient place. 

So, back to the thing. The thing is, whenever she pukes, I look at my husband with desperation, holding a crying baby, and he instantly takes the vomit covered baby, comforts her, and takes her to the bath to be cleaned off. 

This, people of the internet, is an amazing thing. No hesitation. He doesn’t stop to remind me that he doesn’t do puke, it’s my thing that I very willingly agreed to. He bathes her, plays with the Batman bath toys with her, drys her off and dresses her and holds her. I also have to mention the times where she continued to puke and he still calmly performed all those tasks. 

Was he screaming in his head, wondering if her head would start spinning around? Perhaps. But here’s the thing, he did it anyways. 


And, there is nothing more attractive than a man who truly loves his daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment