Thursday, September 18, 2014

Still Floatin’ Around

It’s been a little while…

Can’t promise I’ll be better. Look what happened last time. 

But, it’s nice to still pop on, see what my friends are up to and be like, “Oh, hey. One day my kid might read this. I should probably say something substantial.” 

I’m making a wedding cake!

I actually made the test cake for my friends’ sister’s wedding reception, and it’s going to be a surprise, so my friends are coming over tonight to get a look and taste of what the real thing will be. I have a lot of excitement over this, but for some reason, it’s giving me a touch of the anxiety. This is their wedding- IT MUST BE PERFECT. I’m also making little cupcakes with frosting rosettes on the top. I’d tell you to stay tuned because I’ll do a blog on it, but then I scoff and say “Yeah RIGHT!”. But maybe. Just maybe. 

I’ve been writing reviews for this place. You might of heard of it- www.laughingplace.com

You guys, it’s awesome! I’ve done a couple reviews so far, but I’m really hoping to start baking more and get them so awesome recipes recreating my favorite treats in the parks. 

Okay, let’s see, let’s see. 

I’m feeling all Holiday-esq lately. Maybe it’s because I’m slowly starting to see the leaves change color, or maybe it’s the cooler temps, or it might just be because my husband bought me assorted candy corns. Do you know how hard it is to refrain from eating it all in one sitting?! You wouldn’t believe how good I’ve been about only eating a few pieces a day. If you want to know why I practice such refrain, ask my family about the candy corn incident of 2010. 

Lucy is 19 months old and attending nursery. Well…attended. Once. I mean, we’ll send her back, but 1pm church falls right on nap time. She typically goes down around 1:30ish, so by the time it’s time for nursery, she’s the devil incarnate. You think I’m kidding? I assure you, I’m not…

Work is great, dogs are good, husband just started auditioning for Christmas Story The Musical which, I might add, will be fantastic! Not going to lie, this might be the most excited I’ve been to see the end product of a show that he’s ever worked on. It’s going to be great!


I feel good about this blog. This has been a good update. 

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I missed your blog :) Yay for nap time, candy corn, and Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! This HAS been a good update. And wedding cakes are scary and fun! I have cake stuff. Please let me know if you need to use any of it. For real. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha... this just goes to show how often I check the comments on my blog. Oops, but hey- thanks for the help! Thankfully, it's super simple. Two tier with buttercream. It tastes pretty good, which shouldn't be surprising, but I feel like it kind of is. Anyways, thanks for the offer. If I do run into a snag, I might totally take you up on that- thanks, Heidi!

      Delete