People say that Utah has the worst drivers. I think I agree.
I spend at least an hour and twenty minutes driving each weekday and I have seen some of the craziest things involving drivers and what they do on the freeway. I've seen driving with knees while texting, going 80+ mph. I've seen drivers reading books. Heck, I've seen a guy watching TV while driving!
Driving can be really boring, I get it. The thing that really irritates me, however, is when I see an erratic driver and realize that they have kids in tow. BUG!
Anyways, after almost witnessing a dreadful accident this morning, I've decided to post a list of "helpful hints" to the people that I know are out there. I know that they won't ever see this list in what may be their short life if they don't change driving habits, but nevertheless, it lets me blow off steam.
* Blinkers are like grammar. If you don't use them, people won't understand what you want or what the heck you're doing!
*If one of your brake lights is out and you keep tapping your breaks, people think that it's a signal to get over and everyone gets frustrated.
*When you hook up a trailer, PLEASE be sure to make sure that the brakes and blinkers are hooked up correctly. It causes major stress when you think you've got your right blinker on and try to merge over, when in reality, your left one is going.
*If you are too tired to drive, just don't do it.
*Don't swerve over into my lane and when I pull up to you, make it very obvious that the mistake was due to you texting.
*God bless our older drivers, but if you can't see over the wheel, the freeway probably isn't the best place for you.
*When you ride my bumper at 65mph, don't flash your lights to make me go faster. I won't.
*The lanes are not a general guideline, you HAVE to stay within them. Don't look annoyed when you are halfway in my lane when there are curves in the road and I honk at you because you almost ran me over.
*Don't flip me off and expect a rise out of me. I usually just ignore you.
*I don't mind people that eat while they drive, but when I see you apply makeup, read a book, watch TV, turn your head all the way around to talk to the people in the backseat, or take your hands off the wheel to talk to a passenger, I care.
*And last, inconsiderate drivers that not only put themselves in danger, but subject the 5-10 cars around them to stress and a possible accident.
So there, that's my rant list. Take it for what it's worth Utah drivers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Agreed! Let me add one:
ReplyDelete* It is technically illegal for you to be in the far left lane if you aren't passing anyone! If you're going under 70, or if you notice everyone on your right is going faster than you, GET OVER!