Hi!
My name is Lauren, and I am NOT your new therapist!
I encounter a lot of people where I work. Some are the salt of the earth, some are the meanest I've met, and some are just plain lost.
For example-
I'm working, just working, and a woman opens the door, lets herself in, pulls up a chair in front of my desk and says "Hi, my name is Eva Longoria (yeah, I wish, I just changed the name for the sake of storytime), and you've been expecting me. Sorry I am late! Okay, so let me tell you what's been going on with my daughter- by the way, you look super young to be a therapist!". She paused waiting for me to speak.
This was a prank.
C'mon, right?
Apparently, it wasn't.
This lady was lost. And I guess I can understand why she was so lost. She got our building mixed up with one across the street. I felt bad for her- she was embarrassed, so I asked her what the address was so that we could look it up. I directed her to the other side of the street and she went along her way with her issues.
Poor lady. Hope she finds what she's looking for.
It will probably be in a woman that looks like she could be a therapist for her age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment