The building that I work in is in need of some renovations. Serious renovations. There have been a few electrical issues with the building so it is in need of rewiring after an electrical fire.
I came into work today, nothing out the ordinary. The building looked vacated though, which was weird, but everything was open so I got into my office and started working. Since the issues with the fire, the AC system makes weird noises which I've become accustom to. It'll kick on and literally, no joke, it sounds like there is a raccoon scurrying around the ceiling tiles, but I'm used to it. It was spooky to feel like I was alone in the building with my crazy AC turning off and on, but I pushed through it.
After working for only a few minutes, something didn't sound right and the sound was coming from right above me. It almost sounded like a full grown man was crawling around above me! I stopped working and picked up my phone to make a call when it happened.
Suddenly, one of the water damaged tiles that is almost directly above me started to shake. It cracked in half and a white, powdery looking hand fell out of the cracked in half tile and hung there!!!
I flung my head back and SCREAMED, then THREW my chair back, JUMPED OVER my desk, FLUNG open the door and ran down a flight of stairs to where I knew people would be.
This was it! This was the zombie apocalypse that everyone had been talking about! My first thought while jumping down the stairs, was to call my husband to let him know that he needed to take every precaution to defend himself. I ran to the building managers office where she calmed me down and told me that it was only the electricians in the building that were trying to rewire and correct any problems.
Crisis averted.
All that needs to be fixed now is my pride.
All that needs to be fixed now is my pride.
I'll never look at a fake zombie the same again.

This story is making my day!
ReplyDeleteI need you, Danielle. Date night at Taco Bell??
ReplyDeleteOh man, that is so scary! I'm with you...I'd be running away too.
ReplyDeleteSandy