Crazy dreams from past memories woke me up this morning. I hate dreams like that- ya know, reliving horrible embarrassments from you past. It’s like, I consciously know what’s going to happen, what’s going to come out of my mouth, yet I still say it, I still see that horrible reaction, and want to die.
This particular dream this morning was from my first day in my college psych class. Silly me, I thought that once you got to college, you didn’t have to do those stupid “get to know you” moments in class. My professor ended short and said, turn around and get to know your classmates for the rest of the time. I am extremely shy and very much an introvert so this was excruciating! I made some small talk with the people around me, then, good gosh, I can still picture exactly what this guy looked like and what he was wearing…. anyways, he looked at me and said “Hey, what’s your sign?”
My mind started racing- what’s a sign?? WHAT IS A SIGN?!?!?! It wouldn’t hurt to mention that I’d never heard of the zodiac.
What kind of signs where? Instantly my mind went to road signs. Of all the signs in this stupid world, road signs is what my little brain could come with. My reply “For News, Traffic, and Weather, tune into KSL 1160.” Sidenote- that was my favorite sign. You could see it getting off the freeway going southbound on University Ave. It was brown with a white boarder. It always made me sign the sing- KSL News Radio 1160!
You can guess how silent it went after that.
I knew my answer was wrong by this gut wrenching reaction. A simple google search opened up an entirely new world of the zodiac for me.
And for the record, I’m an Aries.

When I was in high school, my group of friends decided that the whole "what's your sign?" thing was too funny to pass up, so we assigned ourselves signs. Mine was "dip" and my best friend's was "slow children at play." Good times. :)
ReplyDelete