Thursday, April 17, 2014

Big Day

Today I’m teaching in a training.

Today, Jason get’s his mission call, we hope. We’ll find out in about twenty minutes. 

It’s a big day. I have to rearrange a lesson for one thing, plan a new lesson for another, and somehow figure out how I’m getting myself and my baby to/from different places in time. There has been a little bit of anxiety over all of this. 

Yes, it’s going to be a big day. I can’t imagine how Jason is feeling. Heck, I really don’t know how prospective missionaries do it! You’re life is going to change for two years and you don’t even know exactly how until you get that packet in the mail. Maybe one day the church will start emailing out mission calls. 

I have to take a second to rant. So off topic. 

What is with Gen Y??? Why do you feel like you don’t have to do any work, but you expect the world to hand over everything to you?

Granted, there is an exception to every rule. I know kids from Gen Y that are completely opposite- hard working, responsible, punctual and so on. Up until this point in my life, however, I haven’t had to really deal with anyone that really defines all the negative stereotypes that Gen Y embodies….until now. For this specific case, this person has NO life experience, NO work experience, and a list that goes on and on. I know this because I’ve seen proof of it. 

I have to end before I spill too much info. Anyways, I see this as a learning opportunity. I’ve been around entitled people before, but after all the info I have on this person, I can honestly say I’ve never met anyone that expects so much for so little. Actually, it’s not even that it’s for so little, it’s for nothing at all. Like, I’m serious, nothing. They don’t want to come into work, they don’t want to answer calls, emails, chats- nothing. BUT, they expect more than the people that show up, work hard, and put in the hours. 

Lucy will NEVER be this way. Like, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever!!!

Tomorrow is Friday! Yay! Drowsy Chaperone opens tomorrow and that’s pretty big. I was planning on going to opening night, but I honestly don’t know if I can. Lucy is teething and it’s a bad one. Although she enjoys dancing, I don’t know if she’ll last long enough and she tends to get screamy when she’s tired. That won’t mix well. I’ll have to see where we’re at. I’m slowly starting to understand that I might not be able to see this show multiple times. I may only have one shot. 


I went over to look over some clothes that one of our ward members was getting rid of for Lucy and we ended up talking about Disneyland for an hour. I wish they knew how much I needed that. They are going to the Happiest Place on Earth for Mother’s Day this year. How awesome is that?? It was nice to converse. 

When I survive this day, I'm drinking a Dr Pepper. Before bed. Because I'm awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment