Friday, October 11, 2013

The Night Creatures

The garage door opened promptly at 7:30 this morning as my husband left for work. As soon as it sounded off, Lucy was awake. This is pretty typical.

It was a rough night, though. Lucy has been teething/sick for the last few nights. Actually, she's been teething forever and there are signs of another tooth popping out, so it's been even more tough. She used to sleep through the night, but those nights are gone. I tried the cry-it-out approach, but I couldn't do it. I'm naturally a person that needs a little extra nurturing, so when I'm sick or in pain I need a little more attention, which I think it clearly something she's been experiencing.

Another thing to throw in the mix is that Jeremy is sick. Again, pretty typical this time of year. The poor guy is so congested he can't breathe at night. Due to the, er, blockage, he makes some pretty terrifying noises at night, namely gremlin sounds. Even though I know, I KNOW those sounds are coming out of my sleeping husband, in the middle of the night, I'm about 99% sure I'm sleeping next to this-

 I have a super active imagination for a grown woman.

Another thing, I'm pretty sure that there's something living under my bed, but only at night. I totally believe that when I get out of bed to calm my screaming babe, something is going to grab my ankles and drag me under the bed and pull me into a different dimension. Again, 99% sure that something like this will grab me-
                               

So, with the Gremlin sleeping next to me and the monster under my bed, I'm also convinced that THIS lives in our office that I have to pass on my way into Lucy's room. 
                               

How am I ever going to calm my child in a few years when she claims that there are similar monsters living throughout the house or under her bed???? About a year ago, I was watching an old Simpson's rerun and saw this little gem. 

This is exactly how I'll be if Lucy comes to me in the night. My poor kid.




No comments:

Post a Comment