You know what, I love The Wedding Singer. LOVE it. Actually, most Adam Sandler movies- some edited, of course. But I really love The Wedding Singer. It's been on while I've been working and it's so hard to be down while it's on.
It's been a great, productive day! I don't know what triggered it, but I'm full in the nesting stage. The dogs have been helping, too. They just had a bath and now my lower floor smells like clean puppies. It's a really nice smell. Their bedding has been washed as well, so my kitchen smells like bleach. Well, I blitz cleaned the kitchen, so it smells like stainless steel cleaner and bleach. I've been trying to take it easy, but I really just want everything clean.
All the prep for dinner has been done, the laundry folded and put away, work is caught up and I'm just dealing with the trickle of emails that are coming in here and there, and all the baby's things have been washed and put away, minus a load of things that need to be washed once her crib gets here (ugh, that's a long story...thankfully she's sleeping in the bassinet in our room for the first six weeks, so it's not a total meltdown situation).
This is the first time I've really cleaned or made dinner in weeks. All thanks to my awesome husband, all I've had to do is worry about laying down on my left side, not moving and drinking lots of water. It hasn't been easy, though. It's a big change from the lifestyle that I was accustomed to, but I can't imagine not only going through the bed rest stage of this pregnancy, but this entire pregnancy journey without Jeremy.
From the second I told him that I was pregnant, to the first time that he felt her kick, to this moment, he's not only been there for support, but he's been really invested. He's read the books, he's done the research, he's come to every doctor's appointment with me, minus the one time he was out of town, and he's asked just as many questions as I have. I think the best part so far that I've witnessed, are the little things that make me realize that this kid is already so much like him that I'm sure they're going to be close the second she decides to grace us with her presence.
When I was 16 weeks, I was told that her hearing was starting to develop and that it was a good idea to start exposing her to music. Since music is such a huge part of our lives, I figured it would be a good idea to start introducing her to our favorites. Well, MY favorite, at least, was Disneyland music. She's got to have this down pat because it's going to be a huge part of her life. I would put the music on and lay down and feel her swish back and forth, but nothing extreme. It was so cool to feel her move to the music, but if I thought that was exciting, I had NO idea what I was in for. Since she's a part of both of us, I introduced her to Jeremy's favorites- Ace of Base and the Beatles. I'll never forget how it felt when I put on the Beatles and tried to take a nap. There was so much swishing and jabbing, I just couldn't sleep. Same with Ace of Base, except that was a little more extreme. Even to this day, when she hears the base line to any Ace of Base song, she reacts. It's fascinating how much she's already like her father.
I love my husband more than I can express. I love my doggies more than I could ever put into words. I love my daughter so much, and I haven't even been able to hold her yet. I can't imagine what it'll be like to have all of us under one roof- It's going to be an explosion of love!
Stay tuned. I'm sure that I'm going to have lots to blog about and hopefully the next blog is an awesome birth story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment