Tuesday, October 16, 2012

FEED ME!

Yeah, another entry about pregnancy.

You'll have to excuse these. Ya know, it's always on my brain. I can't help it! As my little Elle ( her nickname) is growing stronger and kicking more, all I can do it think about her. I've started to feel her flip and turn more and more as the weeks go on, which is the CRAZIEST feeling. It's reassuring, though. I love knowing that she's still in there, my happy baby.

I've started a pretty good routine of low impact cardio, mostly focusing on my abs and core, and about thirty minutes of yoga. I'm trying to do it every day, but I'm still experiencing boughts of sleepiness, so instead of working out, you'll find me asleep. I'm able to complete about 45 minutes of exercise three days a week. You know what, I feel good about that.

Lately, I've been experiencing something crazy. And let me tell you, it's pretty dang crazy. I've suddenly started craving things like this-

                                                                          And this

                                                                           This, too


The worst part? These cravings come at about midnight. I wake up around midnight to one in the morning and I'm STARVING! No, really. It's crazy! I really contemplate grabbing my keys and running over to Wendy's, Del Taco or any sort of fast food and binge. Thankfully, this has not happened yet. It's not unusual to want food like this every once in awhile, but every night??

Thankfully, this pregnancy has brought out something that I'm sure that's been sent by Satan himself- the heartburn. I'd never had heartburn before becoming pregnant, but this horrible little devil has saved me. My days of binge eating are over, at least while pregnant. To ease the pain, I eat a small meal about every 2-3 hours until about 8pm. After 8, no eating and minimal drinking. If I don't follow this routine strictly, the consequences are insane.

I'm not lying.

But, there is a silver lining. While these foods are delicious, they probably aren't the best thing I can put in my body for my little peanut. She's developed the ability to start tasting what I'm eating. I don't want her to come out addicted to Wendy's.

So, as I pop my Tums in my mouth, I'm thankful. Here's to you, Elle! May you come out loving Taco Bell on your own.   

No comments:

Post a Comment