Sometimes I feel like nothing in my life has changed. Then, I look back and where I was exactly a month ago and realize that life has changed by leaps and bounds.
Big changes include finding out that I'm growing a little girl, said girl has now triggered a nursery design, and of course, the continual changes to my body.
A few days before my 17 week appt with the Dr, Jeremy and I revisited the idea of doing an early ultrasound to find gender. I was so confident that it was a boy, I hadn't really thought about it. We decided that it was something we wanted to do, so I called and set up a gender appt for the same day as the checkup. We saw the doc, my weight is spot on, blood pressure great and I'm feeling good at where my body is at. We heard the baby's heartbeat, which is easily one of my most reassuring and favorite sounds, and it sounded great. It was a short appt and we set the date of the "big" appt, aka- the anatomy and gender check.
For us, though, we just waltzed over to another building and went to the tech. Might I add, he had a small microwave in his office so he could heat up the gel- very nice touch!
It wasn't exactly what I expected. On the consent form, it stated that this was only to find gender, simple as that. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful because he went over all of the major things they look for in healthy development, which, we are spot on. So after looking at brain, heart, kidneys, stomach, important bones and spine, it was gender time!
Naturally, I still felt pretty confident. For us, though, it took awhile to figure out what it was- is was being very modest. Finally, the legs opened and there it was, very clear....
Little girl.
Yes, I totally admit I was shocked, but now, I'm so thrilled and can't wait to dress her up and love her. Also, I can't wait to see how my husband interacts with her. She's already kicks quite a bit and Jeremy has been able to feel a kick or two, which is awesome. She wiggles when he sings to her and she already loves The Beatles, she'll definitely bond to her daddy quick.
I was feeling great, too! Well, as great as someone with bad sickness can get, but hey, I'm pregnant and happy to be this way. Lately, I've started REALLY growing and consequently, it's taking a huge toll on my back and stomach.
The heartburn thing is common and few things seem to alleviate that, but I think I've found a way to make it bearable. The back pains are common, too, but I haven't been able to find a great relief for that which resulted in a desperate call to the Dr's office pleading for any help. I haven't been able to find anything that helps a lot, but I just bought a giant yoga ball, so we'll see how that works.
She's a little thing, about the length of a sweet potato, but she's definitely great at letting me know she's in there. We're a point now that when I'm sleeping, I finally find a position that feels great for my back, but she's not a fan, so she'll start wiggling until I move. As frustrating as that is, she's in there, and I'm extremely grateful!
I can't wait to meet her! I can't wait to teach her how to dance and show her all my favorite music. I can't wait for the first time we take her to Disneyland and show her all my favorite rides! I can't wait to take her to the theatre and instill a love of the arts at a young age. But most of all, I can't wait to hold her and show her how much I love her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

DO NOT PUT IT PAST ME to make a blanket that might be pink and red with hearts on it. Just don't. :)
ReplyDeleteShe'll be my Valentine baby and I know she would love any present from Aunt Heidi!
ReplyDelete