Monday, August 6, 2012

The Big Reveal

So, I guess this is part two to the blog I posted previously.

You can find that here.

If you don't feel like reading a long blog post (yes, it's a long one), all you need to know is that I was telling a story, particularly, the one where I found out I was pregnant.

So here's where I left off...

Jeremy was at rehearsal until 11pm the night I found out I was pregnant. I couldn't call him up and tell him over the phone, but I was dying to let him know!

I wracked my brain. How was I going to tell him this? I couldn't think of anything spectacular, so I ran to the store and bought a huge bunch of blue and pink balloons and placed them over his side of the bed/room.

Okay, so I need to back up and give some credit to my husband- he knew that I was pregnant before I even had the thought that I could be. Also, he had morning sickness before I did. So there ya go, credit was due.

I think that was the longest day of my life. I waited so long for him to come home! An eternity, or so it felt. He called me while he was on his way home to talk about how rehearsal and his day had gone. He finally made it home. I heard him open the door and my heart began to pound and I was suddenly so nervous. Why? I don't know. Still don't know.

I heard him walk up the stairs and saw him enter the bedroom. First words out of his mouth?

"Are you freaking kidding me?"

At first, I thought this was a negative response, thankfully, I found out it was the opposite. I think he was happy I was pregnant, and also happy that I finally acknowledged what he already knew.

So there it is, my big reveal. It was big, and so awesome!

Fast forward to today. Today is a big milestone for me. I made it through my first trimester and today marks the start of my second trimester- I'm a third of the way through. Some days, it feels like I've been pregnant for years, but when I'm having good days, I'm a little sad that it's going by so quickly.

Here's to the next trimester- may it be as wonderful (and not quite at ill) as my last trimester!

2 comments:

  1. So so so exciting. I hope I get to see you often now that I'm in a show with your husband! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Em! I'm hoping to see more of you, too! Congrats on landing Audrey- I'm so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete