Geeze, what have we been up to?
My baby will be 7 months old next week. I keep telling myself that this is normal, not weird. I mean, kids grow up, right?
She's still a tiny thing. She's in the 3rd percentile for weight, but at least she's in a percentile, so that's normal.
My dogs have really settled into the routine now. They love the baby and are extremely protective over her. They like snuggling up to her and find her fascinating. I think the feeling is mutual and I'm assuming that's pretty normal.
Work is going really well. I feel great and find myself enjoying accounting/book keeping more and more. It's becoming more normal to me.
Jeremy finished Sound of Music and it was brilliant! I wasn't able to see it as many times as I like due to the baby, but I have to say that it was probably my favorite show that he's directed to date. He's home more now and we've tackled projects around the house and it's great! Everything is normal there, too.
Yup, everything is normal.
However, it seems like my definition of normal is ever changing. Exactly a year ago, my definition of normal was going to work, coming home at four, changing into pj's, laying on the couch until about nine pm until I finally got up to make dinner for my husband and myself (if I could actually eat that day). That was totally normal for me. Didn't even think about how things would change.
And, geeze...did they change.
It was certainly for the better. I hated being pregnant. To be honest, there have been some moments in parenting that have been so hard, I realize how easy being pregnant was in comparison. For instance, teething? At this point, I'm wondering if teeth are seriously necessary.
I have to say though, there are some pretty awesome moments to being a mom. Not just a mom, but Lucy's mom, more specifically. She's mesmerized by singing, actually, saying mesmerized is a serious understatement. I took this picture of her watching her dad play the piano and sing.
Yeah, gotta say, I'm really happy that this is my new normal. Check back with me, though. I bet in the next seven months I'll have a new definition of normal. Heck, check with me in the next seven minutes.
I'm so, so happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment