Tuesday, May 7, 2013

In The Thick Of It

Lucy is teething. It's horrible and I have nothing else to say about it.

As I was sitting up with her at about 3am, I realized that I haven't blogged in quite awhile. It's been for a good reason, I've been a little busy, but I wanted to list some of my favorite things that Lucy does while I still remember. How do I still have a pregnant brain?

Besides the teething, she's just so awesome. How is she already three months old? Here's a few things (who am I kidding? More like a lot of things) that she does that makes her so much more endearing.

*She doesn't cry when she wakes up, she just opens her eyes and looks around until someone acknowledges her.

*After she wakes up, she sits on my lap and smiles and talks. I'm assuming she's telling me about her dreams. She's quite theatrical while she talks.

*She loves having her diaper changed- more specifically, she loves being naked. I really hope this isn't an indication of any of her future plans.

*Even though she only has peach fuzz on her head, it's curly. I could not be more proud!

 *I put her in her bed/rocker thing and pull it in the bathroom as I do my hair and makeup and she loves to watch. She smiles and will purr or laugh when I talk to her. I can't wait to play dress up/makeup with her!

*She loves books! I put her on her tummy time blanket and lay next to her and read. She kicks her feet and flails her arms when we get to a page that she really likes. So far, her favorites are Green Eggs and Ham, There's a Monster at the End of This Book, Wall-E, and some short stories from her big Winnie the Pooh book.

*She loves singing, too. Her favorite songs are the Winnie the Pooh theme (Ya know...Deep in the hundred acre wood...), the Theme to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, The Little Eisenstein theme song, I am a Child of God, I Love to See the Temple, and of course all the Disney Princess songs. We do a lot of singing around here.

*She's been trying to sit up on her own. That freaks me out! Should she be doing that already?

*She likes new people, for the most part. She was a lot better when she wasn't teething. But, if you catch her when she's in a good mood and smile at her, odds are, she'll smile back. She's not shy at all.

*This girl has a set of lungs! I've never heard such a loud baby! Whether she's crying, talking, singing with me, she has one volume-LOUD.

*She loves her dogs and likes is when they sit in front of her and play. She's very entertained when they run around her and play with each other.

*The second the garage door starts to open when Jeremy comes home, our house goes crazy. The dogs are so excited he's home, they run around the couch and then sit at the garage door. Lucy has started to catch on that the sound of the garage door means excitement. She starts bouncing around, so we get up and dance until dad comes in the door.

So, those are most of the highlights. I can never remember everything, but these stick out in my mind. I love this kid so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment