Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Challenge

I was doing dishes when my husband came home last night. With the way our kitchen is laid out, when I'm doing dishes, my back is facing him when he comes in the door. Without any warning, he flops a 17 lbs turkey down on the counter next to me.

WHACK!

I looked at this massive bird sitting on my counter. I turned to him and said "What's this?". I should have known that he would fire back, "It's a turkey". I proceeded to ask where he came by a turkey and he said that while he was at a movie theater looking at tickets to see a movie, the movie theater was holding a Twilight trivia contest and that he entered and won the turkey.


FOR REAL?!?

First off, we aren't Twilight people. I'm not saying that all Twilight people are bad, it's just not us. Haven't read the books, I saw the second movie, but we haven't really taken a shine to the series, so to hear that MY husband entered HIMSELF into this contest and WON?? Totally fishy, right? Nope, he looked me in the eyes and swore to me that he did, indeed, win this frozen bird at the movie theater.

Before too much disappointment settled in my heart, he started laughing. And laughing. And laughing....

I should have known.

His boss had given all his employees turkeys for Thanksgiving. Thanks Jeremy's boss!!

My anger quickly ceased when he told me that since we are having Thanksgiving elsewhere and don't need to provide a turkey, we can brine it in the same spices and sausage grease that Disneyland does to make their turkey legs. And then there was rejoicing!

Ah, relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment